Review of the performance of State Road Transport Undertakings for April, 2016 – March, 2017
The State Road Transport Undertakings (SRTUs) are an important player in providing bus-based public transport to urban and rural population of the country. They account for about 8% of the total bus fleet being used for road transport in the country with the remaining 92% being held by private operators. They collectively, performed 155 crore passenger-kilometres per day and carried over 7.1 crore passengers per day during 2016-17. This document titled 'Review of Performance of State Road Transport Undertakings 2016-17' provides comprehensive information on physical and financial performance of 56 reporting SRTUs during 2016-17 in comparison with 2015-16.