Future is bleak
What led to the constitution of a Working Group on Environment (WGE)?
The planning board wanted to move with the times. The Kerala government had a science and technology and environment department since 1987. But the V S Achutanandan government has made environment an independent department. Since the government wanted a roadmap for the functioning of the department, the WGE had to be set up.
You have selected certain areas as priority-areas that need immediate attention. What was the basis of doing so?
There have been no authentic studies carried out by any government-appointed body in top-priority areas such as Plachimada, Periyar and Kasargod. By authentic, I mean studies that would force the government to act immediately.
How far do you think will the
- Latin America and the Caribbean: regional overview of food security and nutrition 2021- statistics and trends
- Nigeria: Vaccination Still Eludes 75 Percent of Nigerian Children- Report
- Kenya: Cut On Trump's Fund Puts Millions of Lives At Risk
- 25,000 mines in Rajasthan sans environmental clearances, face gloomy future
- Air pollution scare: Sunday's Real-time Air Quality Index Visual Map in Delhi
- 'Sno joke, climate change is killing Australia's ski fields: Study finds rising temperatures mean less snow and even shorter seasons