Global risks 2012
The world will face water, food and energy shortages over the next 10 years & it is likely that economic growth will suffer as demand for basic resources soars warns WEF in this review of global risks.
This report analyses the top 10 risks in five categories - economic, environmental, geopolitical, societal and technological - and also highlights "X Factor" risks, the wild card threats which warrant more research, including a volcanic winter, cyber neotribalism and epigenetics, the risk that the way we live could have harmful, inheritable effects on our genes. Key crisis management lessons from Japan’s earthquake, tsunami and nuclear disasters are highlighted in a special chapter. The reports presents the findings of a survey of 469 experts and industry leaders, indicating a shift of concern from environmental risks to socioeconomic risks compared to a year ago.
Report: Global climate risk index 2012
Report: Global assessment report on disaster risk reduction 2011.
Report: Global employment trends 2011.
Report: World economic situation and prospects 2012: global economic outlook.
Feature: Future shock
Feature: Time for a shake-up.
- Global gender gap report 2022
- Space applications for management of air pollution in Asia and the Pacific
- Integration of environmental risks in infrastructure investments: a business case for financial institutions
- Atlas of mortality and economic losses from weather, climate and water extremes (1970–2019)
- Air quality life index: annual update 2021
- Scientific review of the impact of climate change on plant pests