We improve life through natural resources
On your inspiration
I studied engineering, but was convinced I was not meant for it. During my stint with Ford Foundation, I worked with a doctor couple from Johns Hopkins University, USA. They were training rural women in Maharashtra as community health workers. I realized that is exactly what I wanted to do.
I conceived of the organization, but Vijay Mahajan, the co-founder of PRADAN, was instrumental in giving it shape. PRADAN works in seven states, mostly in tribal areas. The focus is on enhancing means of income through improving agriculture and irrigation, and by promoting home-based industry like poultry.
- Landscapes for life: approaches to landscape management for sustainable food and agriculture
- Nepal State of Environment Report: The Monthly Overview, April 2014
- Bangladesh State of Environment Report: The Monthly Overview, March, 2014
- Bangladesh State of Environment Report: The Monthly Overview, November, 2013
- Bangladesh State of the Environment Report : The Monthly Overview, September 2013
- Budget 2013-2014: speech of P. Chidambaram, Minister of Finance