Is it a matter of governance?
Agencies sanctioning construction projects in Delhi are at loggerheads
Government agencies like the Public Works Department and the Delhi Development Authority are expected to construct buildings and roads to develop the city. Normally such infrastructure projects are considered essential to public interest. Recently, however, media reports suggest differences between and among the authorities involved in sanctioning construction projects in Delhi. The paternalistic role of the government is no longer taken for granted and its intentions are being questioned by project sanctioning agencies.
The current system of sanctioning projects pits stakeholders
- State of Global Air 2020
- Order of the National Green Tribunal regarding Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Scheme, Karimnagar, Telangana, 20/10/2020
- Order of the National Green Tribunal regarding installation of a mobile tower amidst residential area, Delhi, 19/10/2020
- Order of the National Green Tribunal regarding fly ash barge capsizing incidents in river Hooghly in West Bengal, 19/10/2020
- Order of the National Green Tribunal regarding illegal drinking water units in Maharashtra, 19/10/2020
- Order of the Supreme Court of India on holding religious events in Maharashtra in COVID-19 scenario, 19/10/2020